The first Bergen Farmers’ Market of the season is only 9 days away: Saturday, June 16, 10am-1pm at the Bergen Community Hall. We’ve had a good start to the growing season, though things are still a little dry, despite all that snow we had up until May! Here is kale and other brassicas tucked away against cool nights and hungry bugs. We will have kale at the first Market!
Products vary every week, but here’s a selection:
- Double N Ranch: beef, bread, produce, dish cloths, cookies/pies
- Michelle Orgar: cupcakes and crocheted baby shoes
- Shauna Bartholow: granola, preserves
- Laurie & Jamie Syer: artisan wood-oven baked bread…yes, the famous croissants are back!
- Tamarack Jack’s: honey, mead, bee pollen, lip chap
- Emerald Farms: preserves, baking, produce
- Brenda Pereversoff: garden and green house produce
- Marilyn Halvorson: books, baking
- David Todd: pottery
- Sally Banks: jewelry
Organic BC fruit from the Similkameen Valley will arrive as soon as it’s picked. We’ll have more information for you before next week. Save the date! See you at the Market?